Saturday, August 29, 2015

Chicken Breasts with Feta and Figs

Well folks you can't get any more Central Valley than a dish with figs.  It's safe to say that I have made a ton of recipes with figs but this one is new to me and came to me compliments of the @FresnoBee.  Really yummy and served with grilled okra and steamed potatoes from my Ooooby shipment!

4 5 to 6oz chicken breasts, skinless, boneless
Salt and pepper (sea salt is a must)
2tsp chopped fresh rosemary
2 cloves of garlic chopped
4 tbsp of EVO (I used the amazing olive oil I smuggled home from my uncle in Croatia!)
2 oz crumbled feta
1 1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/2 c white wine (they said red but I only had white home)
8 fresh figs, cut and diced (lovely figs from Kevin and Diane Herman's farm)
1 tbsp honey
Sprig of rosemary for garnish

Pound chicken to flatten but don't make too thin.  Place chicken in bowl with salt, pepper, rosemary, garlic, 2 tbsp oil and 1/4 c wine.  Toss and let sit for at least 30 minutes.

Cook chicken in 2 tbsp oil till light brown. Place in oven proof pan like shingles and sprinkle with feta.
Pour remaining wine in pan to deglaze and reduce to half of the volume.  Add thyme, honey and figs, sauté will warm and soft.  Pour over chicken and feta.  Place under broiler to brown and top with sprig

No comments:

Post a Comment