Monday, May 9, 2016

Easy French Toast Casserole

I know I must be doing something right when my foodie sister tells me the gluten free vegan concoction I whipped up Mother's Day is actually more than acceptable. For this reason alone, I'm posting in honor of Mother's Day!!💐

1 loaf of Udis white sandwich bread, torn in quarters
12 tablespoons of Veganegg plus 3 cups water or 6 large eggs
1/2 cup melted butter or coconut oil
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups almond milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup chopped almonds 
1/2 cup raisins or crasins 
Cinñamon to taste

Preheat oven at 450. Grease 9-13 pan.  Melt butter and stir in sugar till dissolved.  Pour sugar mixture on bottom of pan and arrange torn bread on top.  Mix up Veganegg with water or beat six eggs.  Add vanilla and pour over bread.  Sprinkle cinnamon, nuts and raisins.  Let soak for 8 hours or over night.  Bake till puffy or about 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment