Boudreaux's Zydeco Stomp Gumbo
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 pound pork sausage
- 1 c. diced celery
- 1 c. diced onions
- 1 (10 oz) can of diced Rotell tomatoes with green chili
- 2 tbsp chopped chili peppers
- 1 bunch of parsley chopped
- 3 quarts of pheasant broth (I know...I know....Hubby wanted it!)
- 1 12 oz bottle of beer
- 1 tsp file seasoning
- 1/4 c. "Slap Yo Mamma" Cajun seasoning
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 3/4 c. bacon drippings (or you can be healthy and add butter or olive oil)
- 1 c. flour
The "how to":
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken till no longer pink. Stir in Sausage and cook till evenly brown. Drain and set aside.
- In heavy pan, heat bacon drippings (or other fat) and blend in flour to create roux. Stir constantly until browned and bubbly.
- Gradually stir in beer and broth. Bring to a boil and mix in everything BUT the meats. Reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook for about 30 minutes, stirring often.
- Mix in chicken, sausage and shrimp. Cook, stirring frequently for about 20 minutes!!
I like to boil up some white rice and put a nice mound in the bowl and top it with some serious hot sauce. Whoa baby....nothing better