Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Dalmatian (Week 4)

If you scroll through last year, you'll see a few grapefruit recipes. This is because my parents have a massive tree that produces pure, unabashed golden gems. I have been remiss in my posts (something I warned my peeps about at the start of 2013) but this one, given the name was a keeper....

The Dalmatian (a drink)

1.5 oz. Vodka
1.5 oz. Black pepper simple syrup (see below)
3 oz. Fresh grapefruit juice

Put ingredients in a shaker. Mix well and pour over ice. Yummmmmmmmmm! What more could this Dalmatian girl ask for!

Black pepper simple syrup

1/4 c. Black pepper corns, crushed
1 c. Water
1 c. Sugar

Put ingredients in a sauce pan and boil. Take off heat and let cool. Let pepper sorts stay in the mix until you have the desired spicy flavor, then strain.








No comments:

Post a Comment