Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Tulip tomatoes (Week 7)

I am living proof that we all get by with the help of our friends.  My last post was from Karen and today's is from Katrina....maybe its a "k" thing.

This recipe was too cute not to share.  It's perfect for spring and is so creative.  I can not take credit for it as it was from a Polish blog, translated then posted on Slice of Life and "tag" for me by my pal Katrina.....thanks!

13 large Roma tomatoes
14 stalks of green onions or chives
200g cottage cheese, cream cheese or chicken salad (I am thinking of goat cheese for mine)
1 cucumber, finely chopped and seeded
1/2 tsp dried basil
salt and pepper to taste

Split the tomato with a sharp knife at the top, making and "X".  Run split down the sides (all four).  Make a hole in the bottom of the tomato for the stalk. Mix cream cheese, cucumber, salt, pepper and basil together and stuff tomatoes as shown in the photo above.  Insert the firm while part of the green onion in to the hole at the bottom of the tomato.  Plate as shown.

No comments:

Post a Comment