Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Caramelized Fennel and Kohlrabi (Week 10)

My sister called and asked what to do with fennel (she was trying to figure something to pair with a very French meal) and was somewhat stumped.  I shared something quick that I had on our plate tonight.  I told her about my little adventure with kohlrabi (this odd looking veggie that tastes like a broccoli stalk).  I like them but I find they are challenging to prepare since the skin is so tough.  See photo...."sputnik"
I peeled therm then thinly sliced them in rounds.  I then took a small bulb of fennel that I purchased from Smith Organic Farms, washed, trimmed then sliced finely.  In a skillet, I melted about 2 tablespoons of butter and about 2 tablespoons of Verni EVO.  I then tossed in the fennel and browned the added the kohlrabi.  I let it caramelize then sprinkled Vegeta (well...what else?  I'm Croatian).  Wonderful delicate flavor...and very quick (we were headed to see the tax man.

1 comment:

  1. This is really very impressive guide of valve selection which can be very helpful for many industry people. Thanks for sharing this valve selection tips. organic natural sesame seeds I admire what you have done here. I love the part where you say you are doing this to give back but I would assume by all the comments that is working for you as well. Do you have any more info on this?

    ReplyDelete