Red Devil Cake
- 1 box of Betty Crocker Super Moist Devils Food cake mix
- 1 1/4 cup of juice (I used cherry)
- 1/2 cup roast beets (2 medium beets) puree
- 3 eggs
- 1 quart of sliced strawberries
- 2 Tbsp. pomegranate jelly
- 8 oz of cream cheese
- 12 oz nonfat Cool Whip (slightly frozen)
- 1 c. powdered sugar
Preheat oven at 350. Grease and flour heart shaped pan. Mix the cake mix with the juice, the beets and the eggs till smooth and as directed on the box. Pour in to pan and bake as directed on the box. My pan was a single sheet so it took about 40 minutes.
When cake is cool, mix jelly with strawberries and place most of the strawberries in between the layers. Reserve about 1 cup to decorate the top of the cake when frosted.
Whip cream cheese with sugar till smooth. Add Cool Whip and beat till smooth and fluffy. Frost the top of the cake and decorate with strawberries. I dusted the top of the cake with red sugar but you can't see it in this photo. Great cake and very impressive way to get a little fresh local veggies in your diet!!