Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Brandied Pluot Tart (Week 34)

Goodbye Kevin and Greg.  Goodbye to my big, fat bag of stone fruit ht has give me much joy these past few months.....I'll be waiting for you again next spring.  I am fairly certain the boys at Mizuno Farms threw in a few extra pounds of fruit for this ole gal and I am flush with pluots!!  If all of you in "Blog-o-sphere" haven't singed up for a CSA basket you MUST get on the list for next year.  I can't recommend them enough!!  Now that I am done with fruit, I must stop in to see Mike and Sandee for my veggie basket :-)

Oh yum yum!

This is a simple (super simple if you have a pre-made pie crust) tart that is sure to please everyone in your group....if not, tell them to head for a Swanson Frozen pie and keep the darn thing to yourself!!

Brandied Pluot Tart

4 ripe pluots, pitted and sliced
1 pie crust
2 Tbsp plum jam
1 cup sugar
2 Tbsp brandy
2 tsp instant tapioca (more or less)
Zest of one lemon

Spray tart pan with a nonstick spray.  Press down the crust and up to the fluted edges.  Place sliced pluots in a bowl and mix in the sugar, brandy, jam and stir well coating all of the fruit.  Add in the lemon zest and the tapioca   Mix up again and pour in to the crust.  Spread the fruit around so that it makes an even layer.  Place in a preheated 350 oven and bake for 35 minutes.

DE-lish!


No comments:

Post a Comment