Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Happy Birthday Julia!! My inspiration (Week 33)

"Everything in Moderation....including moderation" -- Julia Child

Oh Julia -- you sounded exactly like my Grandmother.....you would have been 100 today!  Happy, happy birthday.  I am your "granddaughter by another daughter", so to speak, and watching you move your 6'2" frame gracefully around the kitchen  when I was just a tot was mesmerizing!  Many a time my Mom "experimented" on us with the TV chef's suggestions.  Your's were always among my favorites (I am still somewhat scarred from Graham Kerr's Pisto Manchego).

You burnt things, dropped things on the floor, wrestled with fish and threw a cleaver....you were the cook's cook and your joy shined through.  You inspired me then and you inspire me now......

"I think every woman should own a blow torch" -- Julia Child
"The only time to eat diet food is when you are waiting for the steak to cook" -- Julia Child
"How can a nation be called great if its bread tastes like Kleenex" -- Julia Child



Happy Birthday my dear, you live on in my kitchen, 
in my heart and on my waistline!

No comments:

Post a Comment