Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Rosemary's Easy Peach Cobbler (Week 35)


After much begging, my friend Rosemary sent me her recipe for her Peach Cobbler.  Rosemary is blessed to have an abundance of Alberta peaches on her Dad's property.  Our peach tree died an unholy death and was replaced with a lackluster apricot (which is why I opted for a CSA basket).  I can count on my parents for figs and veggies.  Stone fruit...NOPE!  Now with the end of my season with Mizuno Farms, I am going to have to start looking else where...arugh......foraging in the fields west of Fresno!

Rosemary tells me this is super easy and was a huge hit.  My next adventure is driving out to her Dad's to get a bag of my own golden treasures!  Thanks doll!

EASY PEACH COBBLER

INGREDIENTS
½ cup unsalted butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon  baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 cup milk
4 cups fresh peach slices
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Ground cinnamon or nutmeg (optional)

PREPARATION
1.        Melt butter in a 13x 9 inch baking dish
2.       Combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder and salt;  add milk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.  Pour  batter over butter (do not stir).
3.       Bring remaining 1 cup sugar, peaches, and lemon juice to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly;  pour over batter (do not stir).  Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.
4.       Bake at 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown.  Serve cobbler warm or cool.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this blog. That's all I can say. You most definitely have made this blog into something thats eye opening and important. You clearly know so much about the subject, you've covered so many bases. Great stuff from this part of the internet. Again, thank you for this blog. best organic rice Your post is providing good information. I liked it and enjoyed reading it. Keep sharing such important posts. I am very much pleased with the contents you have mentioned. I wanted to thank you for this great article. I enjoyed every little bit part of it and I will be waiting for the new updates. I really appreciated this post. Just want to say thank you for the information you have shared. Just continue writing this kind of post.

    ReplyDelete