Monday, April 16, 2012

Stir fry and "Pink Salad" (Week 16)

Ah yes...the rains from last week thwarted two of my efforts to get in to a farmers market.  It was so nasty that I had to walk throw a 2 inch deep puddle to get to my boss's office.

So my supply was limited.  That being said, I have two treats:  A simple stir fry (so simple that I won't event deal with weights and measures) and a "dump and go salad from my neighbor that showcased the wonderful strawberries from the farm stand near Shaw and Grantland.

Stir-fry
1 bunch of dandelion greens, washed and chopped
double handful of small red and yellow peppers, stems removed and chopped
double handful, heaping of snap peas, strings removed
1/2 chopped red onion
2 tablespoons of Bari olive oil
1 tsp powdered ginger
3 dashes of soy sauce
1 tsp powdered garlic.
\
Put oil in the pan and heat to nearly smoking. Toss in the veggies ande stir.  Add spices and soy sauce.

Leesa's Pink Salad
1 container of cool whip
1 can of Comstock cherry filling
1 can Eagle Brand condensed milk
1/2 c. chopped nuts
3 baskets of strawberries, stems removed and sliced.  Mix all but the strawberries.  Place in a ringed mold (I lined mine with saran  wrap), freeze.  When solid, unmold and fill with strawberries and surround for decoration.  Decorate with mint leaves.  Slice the mold and top with strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment