Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Oh, what to do....what to do??

Two hands loaded down with bags of goodies from the Farmer's Market at our local Kaiser and I am puzzled asking myself "what to do" with the Chinese winter melon, French breakfast radish, ginger, arugula and Swiss chard so I started cruising the websites for ideas.  Big thanks to Mike Smith (SmithsFamilyOrganicFarm.com) for talking me in to the French breakfast radish.  They look so cute and perky.  I can't wait to try them in a sandwich tomorrow am (now you see where I am leaning, huh?)  Maybe a poached egg with scallions and arugula on top of lightly buttered whole wheat break and thinly sliced radishes?  I'm getting hungry already.

More on the squash and chard later.....perhaps a winter melon meat ball soup or salmon with fennel, Swiss chard and penne pasta?

No comments:

Post a Comment