Monday, July 8, 2013

Baked stuffed tomatoes (Pečene punjene rajčice)

Oh my GOD!!  Have you ever looked at a "foodie" web page and literally drooled.  I am sitting here in the office and this page was emailed to me.  It is 9:30 am and my brain is screaming dinner.  With all the tomatoes in my yard (and my neighbors), I am blogging this one but I encourage my followers to check out this site http://dobrahrana.jutarnji.hr/sedam-velicanstvenih-provjereni-recepti-za-ljetne-dane/ (hit Google translate and it will pop up in English for ya!)


Baked stuffed tomatoes
• 1 red pepper, finely chopped 
• 8 salted anchovies, cut into strips 
• 20 pitted black olives, sliced ​​in half 
• 8 cherry tomatoes, halved 
• 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped 
• 1 handful of fresh basil leaves 
• 2 slices stale bread without the crust, cut into small pieces 
• 50g hard goat cheese (Machego)
• Salt and pepper 
• 6 tablespoons olive oil 
• 8 large tomatoes 

Wash the tomatoes, cut, remove the inner flesh and seeds and lightly season with salt and turn them cut off part down. Mix in a bowl of red pepper, anchovies, olives, cherry tomatoes, garlic, basil and bread. Fill tomatoes with mixed ingredients, place them in a cast iron pan, cover with grated cheese and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper.  Bake in a preheated oven at 300 degrees covered with foil 15 minutes, then uncovered for another ten minutes. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment