Sunday, May 6, 2012

Ćevapčići...."it's what's for supper" (Week 19)

Nothing in the WORLD is better than the smell of Ćevapčići on the grill.

After Cinco de Mayo, it was time to get back to my roots. This stuff is so good that they have a FESTIVAL to celebrate it! See next post!

Ćevapčići



  • 1 lb ground lamb (today I used ground elk)
  • 1 lb ground pork (I actually use Jimmy Dean"s)
  • 1 large sweet onion, finely chopped
  • 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
  • 3 tbsp sweet paprika
  • 1 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 tbsp pepper
  • 1Tbsp Vegeta
  • 1 bunch of parsley chopped
  • 2 sprigs of mint chopped
Mix the meat together with the onion, garlic and spices.  Roll the meat into small logs about 3 inches in length, the width of your thumb (I was in a hurry tonight so I made them bigger about the length of my palm and about double the size of my thumb). Brush them with olive oil and grill them on a  BBQ.

No comments:

Post a Comment