Wednesday, May 2, 2012

All Hail the Farmer's Market AND UNWined with ME! (Week 18)

From Fresno Bee: Mark Crosse
Oh boy!  Hats off to the Bee for a great little bit on our beautiful Farm Fresh Markets.  They have a wonderful listing of our local markets and lots of detail.  Get out and EAT FRESH.  AS you will see in the article, there are several markets that run year round here in Fresno (most popular being the Vineyard on Blackstone and Shaw, the Downtown Market on 1420 Broadway and the Wednesday market at Kaiser on North Fresno Street.  I am also blessed to have a funky ap on my iPhone that sorts them by date and location - YEAH.  It's all part of the growing trend to eat fresh and local!  To my faithful followers and my classic voyeurs (love you too), I am going on a little "food adventure" and I am inviting you along for the ride.  


I know you have seen episodes of Anthony Bordain (and know he uses @#$% as a noun, verb and adjective) so I figured "why the @#$% not!?" and I am taking my blog ON THE ROAD in Weeks 24 to 28 (June 10 to July 15).  I am hitting the farm fresh markets in Croatia and Poland....I might even take you wine tasting on the Peljesac Peninsula or wild mushroom hunting in the forests near Warsaw.  Stay tuned.


However, there is still much to explore here in our beautiful and bountiful valley. 


I am inviting my followers to share my blog with their foodie and aspiring foodie friends.  Please log in and "follow" my blog.  I would truly and most gratefully appreciate my Central Valley followers to share their local, seasonal recipes in the comment section.  Please let me know what you are cooking in California while I am out eating a healthy portion of lignje na zaru :-)  So please by all means, pass my blog along, invite others to follow so I won't feel homesick (our produce ROCKS!)


Reminder:  Will you be there?  Come UNwined with me at ApCal this Friday night  at 7pm and beat the Guinness Book of Worlds Record for number of bottels uncorked.  $10 gets you a great bottle of wine, an opener and a ton of fun listening to live music and hanging with your friends!!  Details and other cool stuff at https://www.facebook.com/unwinedcc



No comments:

Post a Comment