Kumquat Jalapeno Marmalade
- 2 c. Kumquats, thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/2 a seeded jalapeno, chopped
Place in sauce pan and cook at a slow boil for 15 minutes and until thickened.
So....now you have this kick butt marmalade....what do you do with it?
Roasted Pork with Kumquat Marmalade
- 1 fat trimmed pork tri tip roast (2 -3 lbs)
- 1 Tbsp. Meyer lemon sea salt (see prior recipe)
- Black pepper to coat lightly
- 1/2 c. or more of the Kumquat Jalapeno Marmalade
- 1 bunch of cilantro chopped
- 4 or 5 small limes, cut in wedges
- 12 whole wheat tortillas
Preheat oven to 350. Place seasoned meat in the center of a foil lined baking pan. Foil comes in handy because when the marmalade bakes on, you'll need blasting caps to remove it from your pan!! Insert the meat thermometer. Top the roast with generous amounts of marmalade and bake to 150 degrees (45 minutes to an hour and 15 minutes). Remove from oven and layer on a bit more marmalade while warm. Turn off the oven and turn on the broiler to high. Place roast back in for only a few moments or until the marmalade caramelizes.
Remove and let sit for 15 minutes or so. Slice and serve with lime wedges, freshly chopped cilantro and warm whole wheat tortillas.